When you look around the house, you see there is so much you would like to do. Of course, your budget for these types of home projects can be a key limiting factor, But putting that aside for the moment, let’s consider how to choose what project to tackle first
Be Sensible Early
First, “don’t bite off more than you can chew”. Choose your first project based on the belief you can have the time and budget to do it right. You will find when that project is complete, you will be able to double the size of the next project, and so on. Pretty soon you will have a home that looks like new and you will still have your money and your sanity.
Some examples of early projects would be:
- Add crown moldings
- Install wood floors
- Enlarge closets and install built-ins
Choose High Value Projects
Renovating the kitchen can add resale value to your home. In addition, you can make good use of the limited space in a galley style kitchen by adding lots of storage. Cabinets, deep slide out shelves and drawers, a roomy pantry are just a few of the improvement you could make.
Consider a Basement Renovation for the Family
The basement has so much potential. And the possibilities are almost endless. For instance, You have the option to divide the space into a few rooms in a variety of sizes.
- Laundry Room: Most basements have a space for the laundry room. Why not build a better laundry room? You could include storage shelves and cabinets for laundry supplies, as well as a cedar storage closet for winter clothes.
- Extra Bedroom: You can create an extra bedroom and bath that can be used as a guest room. It can also be a great space for a teenager bedroom.
Here are a few other options for a basement renovation:
- Home Theater
- Home Office
- Child’s Playroom
- Man Cave
As we stated in our previous post, What Goes Into The Decision Of Your Next Remodeling Project “…let’s look at some of the factors that may go into that decision:
- Need – This can be driven by the need to repair your home. There can also be the need that is driven by a new addition to the family, such as a child or a parent.
- Desire – There can be that room in your home you never liked and now is the time to consider changing it. The emotional value to you could be very high, such as a larger bathroom shower to help make the morning a more pleasant experience.
- Gain in Resale Value – This is the type of remodeling project that is driven by the objective of increasing the value of your property.”
Last but not least, take steps to make sure you will be happy with the finished product. For instance, we at Veri Construction have our own showroom. We are able to show you customized options specific to your situation. We work with clients and subcontractors, while utilizing state of the art 3-D computer generating drawings along with architectural plans for successful project delivery. We can help you get on your way to a newly renovated home.